Still no participant
Still no reviews
To educate production technology of vegetables and spices.
• To know importance of vegetables and spices crops
• understand the scientific cultivation methods of vegetables and spices
• To study Classification of Vegetables
• Types of vegetable gardening with special reference to kitchen gardening
• To know more about origin, area, climate, soil, improved varieties and cultivation practices such as time and methods of sowing, transplanting techniques, planting distance, fertilizer requirements, irrigation, weed management, harvesting and yield.
• Physiological disorders, of important vegetable and spices
• To study the crops like Fruits and Vegetables, Cole crops such as Cabbage, Cauliflower, Knol-khol, Seed spices
• Bulb crops such as Onion, Garlic; Root crops such as Carrot, Radish, Beetroot; Tuber crops such as Potato and Sweet potato; Leafy vegetables such as Amaranthus and Palak; Perennial vegetables such as drumstick and pointed gourd
Importance of vegetables & spices in human nutrition and national economy, brief about origin, area, production, improved varieties and cultivation practices such as time of sowing, sowing, transplanting techniques, planting distance, fertilizer requirements, irrigation, weed management, harvesting, storage, physiological disorders, disease and pest control and seed production of important vegetable and spices.
Identification of vegetables & spices crops and their seeds. Nursery raising. Direct seed sowing and transplanting.Study of morphological characters of different vegetables & spices.Fertilizers applications.Raising of nursery of vegetables & spices. Vegetables & spices seed extraction. Harvesting & preparation for market.Economics of vegetables and spices cultivation.
Importance of vegetables & spices in human nutrition and national economy
Classification of Vegetables
Brief about origin, area, climate, soil, improved varieties and cultivation practices such as time and methods of sowing, transplanting techniques of important vegetable and spices
planting distance, fertilizer requirements, irrigation, weed management, harvesting and yield, physiological disorders, of important vegetable and spices
Scientific cultivation of-Major Crops: Fruits and Vegetables(Tomato, Brinjal, Chilli, Capsicum)
Cucurbits: Cucumber, Melons, Gourds, Pumpkin, French bean, Peas and Okra; Cole crops such as Cabbage, Cauliflower, Knol-khol.
Scientific cultivation of-Bulb crops such as Onion, Garlic; Root crops such as Carrot, Radish, Beetroot;
Tuber crops such as Potato and Sweet potato; Leafy vegetables such as Amaranth and Palak;
Scientific cultivation of-Perennial vegetables such as drumstick and pointed gourd
Scientific cultivation of-Seed spices: Coriander, cumin, fenugreek & fennel; Black pepper and Cardamom; Turmeric & Ginger.
Experiment no 1
Identification of different vegetables, spices and seeds
Experiment no 2
Morphology of different vegetables and spices
Experiment no 3
Calculation of chemical fertilizers in vegetable and spice cultivation
Experiment no 4
Calculation of plant population and seed rate in vegetables
Experiment no 5
Intercultural cultural operations in vegetable and spice cultivation
Experiment no 6
Physiological disorder of different vegetables
Experiment no 7
Seed extraction in different vegetables
Experiment no 8
Economics of vegetables