Practice I: Fundamentals of Medical Diagnostic Techniques
- Operation of Medical laboratory equipment and its installation, calibration, quality control.
- General consideration on specimen collection in clinical laboratory. Pre-analytic (pre-examination), analytic (examination), and post-analytic (post-examination).
Practice II: Routine Hematological Investigations
- Complete Blood Count (DLC, TLC, TPC, Hb, PCV) and its clinical significance.
- Bleeding time and Clotting time.
- Blood grouping and Rh factor.
- Peripheral smear study.
- Blood Parasites.
Practice III: Biochemical investigation with KIT methods
- Diabetes and Blood glucose analysis (GOD/POD).
- LFT (SGOT, SGPT, ALP, Albumin, Bilirubin total and direct, Total Protein).
- KFT/RFT (Urea, Uric acid, Creatinine, K+, Na+).
- Lipid Profile (Triglycerides, Cholesterol, HDL, LDL, VLDL).
Practice IV: Routine investigation in clinical pathology
- Urine RE/ME
- Stool microscopic examination
- Semen analysis
- Sputum for AFB and basic of DOT, MycoDot, Mantoux.
Practice V: Routine investigation in Microbiology
- Sterilization: Hot Air Oven, Autoclave, Incubator
- Staining Technique: Gram stain, Zn Stain
- Immunochromatographic Test Technique (kit method): MPICT, HIV, HBsAg, HCV, Widal test (Typhoid), TOXO (Toxoplasma), Dengue, Chikungunya.
- Media Preparation: (Blood agar, Chocolate Agar, CLED (Cysteine- Lactose Electrolyte Deficient) agar, MLA (MacConkey Lactose Agar), MHA (Muller Hinton Agar), MSA (Mannitol Salt Agar), XLD (Xylose Lysine Deoxy cholate), BEA (Bile Esculin Agar), PPA (Phenylalanine Agar), TSI (Triple Sugar Iron), Nutrient Broth, Peptone water, BHI Broth.
- Culture & Isolation process of bacteria
- Study on common cause of Anemia, laboratory investigation and treatment.
- Sickle cell anemia & its types, common cause, laboratory investigation and treatment.
- Study on common Sexually Transmitted Disease (STD) its laboratory diagnosis and treatment.
- Study on hormonal diseases and it’s laboratory diagnosis.
- Objective & importance of different Department of clinical laboratory.
- Advantage and disadvantages of Manual and automation technique in Medical Laboratory.
- Enumerate regulation of medical lab Laboratory and the criteria of accreditation.
- Kuby's Immunology (7th Ed) - by J. Owen, J. Punt, S. Strandford. Macmillan Higher Education, England.
(e-book link: https://www.pdfdrive.com/kuby-immunology-7th-edition-2013-e44842271.html )
- Prescott, Harley, and Klein’s Microbiology (Seventh Edition)- by Joanne M. Willey, Linda M. Sherwood, Christopher J. Woolverton. McGrawHill.
- Text book of Microbiology (7th Edition)- by Ananthanereyan & Paniker, Publisher Universities press.
(e-book link: https://www.pdfdrive.com/textbook-of-microbiology-e177143667.html )
- Fundamentals of Molecular Virology (2nd Edition)- by Nicholas H. Acheson, Wiley Publishers.
- Text book of Medical Laboratory Technology by P. B. Godker, PublisherBhalani.
- Bruce Alberts, Alexander Johnson, Julian Lewis, David Morgan, Martin Raff, Keith Roberts, Peter Walter (2015) Molecular Biology of the cell, 6th edition, Taylor and Francis Group.
Online Tutorial links:
- Fundamentals of Immunology: Innate Immunity and B-Cell Function
(Coursera link: https://www.coursera.org/learn/immunologyfundamentalsimmunitybcells )
- Fundamentals of Immunology: T Cells and Signaling
(Coursera link: https://www.coursera.org/learn/immunologyfundamentalstcellssignaling )
- Fundamentals of Immunology: Death by Friendly Fire
(Coursera link: https://www.coursera.org/learn/immunology-friendlyfire )
- Viruses & How to Beat Them: Cells, Immunity, Vaccines
(edX link: https://www.edx.org/course/viruses-how-to-beat-them-cells-immunity-vaccines)
- The Immune System: New Developments in Research
- DNA Decoded (coursera link: https://www.coursera.org/learn/dna-decoded)
- DNA Replication (Lecturio link: https://app.lecturio.com/#/course/s/8020 )
- Transcription (Lecturio link: https://app.lecturio.com/#/lecture/s/5990/35832)