Basics of Design Thinking, Why Design Thinking, Design Thinking Mindset (Inspiration, Ideation and Implementation) Design thinking process, (Empathy, Define, Ideate, Prototype, Test). Cases of application of Design thinking approach (Intuit, IDEO, Infosys, IBM, Google, Apple, Jubilant Foods)
This will be in a flip class mode followed by a workshop, to be conducted by an external expert and a faculty anchor.
Executing a Design Thinking Project- Apply Interviewing and empathy building technique, Drawing inferences from the observations, Defining a point of view, Ideation process, developing and testing prototypes and writing a story of a minimum viable solution.
- Develop a customer friendly insulin pump design (teams of 3 students to be graded on the application of the process, story boarding and the final design elements).
- Develop a new customer experience for buying a diamond ring online (teams of 3 students to be graded on the application of the process, story boarding and the final design elements).
- Develop a new disease monitoring device for health workers working in remote areas. (teams of 3 students to be graded on the application of the process, story boarding and the final design elements).
- Designing an integrated machinery for end to end functions for small and marginal farmers.
Books: Tom Kelly & Jonathan Littman (2001). “The Art of Innovation” Broadway Publication.
- Brown Tim (2008). “Design Thinking”, Harvard Business Review
Links to websites:
- Stanford Webinar - Design Thinking = Method, Not Magic
- Rise of Design Thinking in India | Ankur Grover Kunal Gupta | TEDxTISS