Still no participant
Still no reviews
Biochemistry deals with complete understanding of the molecular levels of the
chemical process associated with living cells. The scope of the subject is providing
biochemical facts and the principles to understand metabolism of nutrient molecules in
physiological and pathological conditions. It is also emphasizing on genetic organization
of mammalian genome and hetero & auto catalytic functions of DNA.
Upon completion of course student shell able to
1. Understand the catalytic role of enzymes, importance of enzyme inhibitors in
design of new drugs, therapeutic and diagnostic applications of enzymes.
2. Understand the metabolism of nutrient molecules in physiological and
3. Understand the genetic organization of mammalian genome and functions of
DNA in the synthesis of RNAs and proteins.
Recommended Books: (Latest Editions)
1. W.C.Evans, Trease and Evans Pharmacognosy, 16th edition, W.B. Sounders & Co., London, 2009.
2. Tyler, V.E., Brady, L.R. and Robbers, J.E., Pharmacognosy, 9th Edn., Lea and Febiger, Philadelphia, 1988.
3. Text Book of Pharmacognosy by T.E. Wallis
4. Mohammad Ali. Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry, CBS Publishers & Distribution, New Delhi.
5. Text book of Pharmacognosy by C.K. Kokate, Purohit, Gokhlae (2007), 37th Edition, Nirali Prakashan, New Delhi.
6. Herbal drug industry by R.D. Choudhary (1996), Ist Edn, Eastern Publisher, New Delhi.
7. Essentials of Pharmacognosy, Dr.SH.Ansari, IInd edition, Birla publications, New Delhi, 2007
8. Practical Pharmacognosy: C.K. Kokate, Purohit, Gokhlae
9. Anatomy of Crude Drugs byM.A. Iyengar
A.Avinash working as Assistant Professor, Dept of CSE, Centurion University of Technology and Management, Andhra Pradesh . Interested to work on Machine learning,Natural Language Processing,Problem Solving Methodologies , and ChatBot. Programming Skill: C Programming Data Structure Object Oriented Programming using C++ Formal Language Automata Theory Python Web Development(HTML,CSS,PHP) Database Management Systems Compilers