Still no participant
Still no reviews
To understand the basics of ancient Ayurvedic drug formulations through standard texts such as Bhaishajya Kalpana & Sarangadhara Samhitha.
Through this course students will get both theoretical and practical knowledge of various drug dosage forms and preparation of different traditional medicines such as Kashya (decotions), Lehyas (creams/ointments), oils infused with medicinal values etc.
Definition and description of Bhaishajya Kalpana
Mana paribhasha (Introduction, measurements given in AFI- I)
Collection, storage and preservation of raw material
Principles and procedures in mixtures, solutions.
The concept of anupana
1. Preparation of Kwatha/Kashya
2. Quality parameters of Kashaya
3. Preparation of Medicated Taila/Oils
4. Preparation of Medicated Lehya
5. Preparation of Asava and Arista.