Still no participant
Still no reviews
This subject is designed to impart fundamental knowledge on the structure and functions of the various systems of the human body. It also helps in understanding both homeostatic mechanisms. The subject provides the basic knowledge required to understand the various disciplines of pharmacy
Upon completion of this course the student should be able to
1. Explain the gross morphology, structure and functions of various organs of the human
2. Describe the various homeostatic mechanisms and their imbalances.
3. Identify the various tissues and organs of different systems of human body.
4. Perform the various experiments related to special senses and nervous system.
5. Appreciate coordinated working pattern of different organs of each system
Scope of Anatomy and physiology. Definition of various terms used in Anatomy. Structure of cell, function of its components with special reference to mitochondria and microsomes.
Elementary tissues: Elementary tissues of the body, i.e. epithelial tissue, muscular tissue, connective tissue and nervous tissue.
Skeletal System: Structure and function of Skeleton .Classification of joints and their function. Joint disorders.
Cardiovascular System: Composition of blood, functions of blood elements. Blood group and coagulation of blood. Brief information regarding disorders of blood. Name and functions of lymph glands. Structure and functions of various parts of the heart .Arterial and venous system with special reference to the names and positions of main arteries and veins. Blood pressure and its recording. Brief information about cardiovascular disorders.
Respiratory system: Various parts of respiratory system and their functions, physiology of respiration.
Urinary System: Various parts of urinary system and their functions, structure and functions of kidney.
Physiology of urine formation.Various parts of urinary system and their functions, structure and functions of kidney.Physiology of urine formation. Patho-physiology of renal diseases and edema.
Muscular System: Structure of skeletal muscle, physiology of muscle contraction. Names, positions,
attachments and functions of various skeletal muscles. physiology of neuromuscular junction.
Central Nervous System: Various parts of central nervous system, brain and its parts, functions and reflex
action. Anatomy and physiology of automatic nervous system.
Sensory Organs: Elementary knowledge of structure and functions of the organs of taste, smell, ear, eye
and skin. Physiology of pain.
1. Physiological basis of Medical Practice-Best and Tailor. Williamslkins Co,
Riverview, MI USA
2. Text book of Medical Physiology- Arthur C, Guyton and John. E. Hall. Miamisburg, OH,
3. Human Physiology (vol 1 and 2) by Dr. C.C. Chatterrje ,Academic Publishers Kolkata
4. Human Anatomy and Physiology (vol 1) by N.murugesh
Structure and Function of Various Parts Digestive System
Study of the human Skeleton.
Study with the help of charts and models of the following system and organs:
Microscopic examination of epithelial tissue, cardiac muscle, smooth muscle, skeletal muscle.
Connective tissue and nervous tissues.
Examination of blood films for TLC.DLC and malarial parasite.
Determination of RBCs, clotting time of blood, erythrocyte sedimentation rate and Hemoglobin value.
Recording of body temperature, pulse, heart-rate, blood pressure and ECG.