Still no participant
Still no reviews
Module:I Immunity: Historical Perspective, Cellular and humoral immunity. Role of immunologically important organs and cells, bone marrow, thymus, spleen and lymphocytes. Formation and functions of T and B Lymphocytes. Helper T-cells and killer T-cells. Macrophages.
Module:II Complement activation by classical, alternate and MB lectin pathway, biological consequences of complement activation, regulation and complementdeficiencies.
Module: III Antigens: Definition, epitopes, haptens, carriers, adjuvants, antigenicity. Antibodies: Definition, types and structure of immunoglobulins (IgG – light chain, heavy chain, hyper variable region, constant domains, Fab and Fc). Effector functions of antibody, antigenic determinants on Ig, Ig super family. Monoclonal antibodies production and applications.
Module: IV Major histocompatibility complex (MHC) genes and products – Polymorphism of MHC genes, role of MHC antigens in immune responses, MHC antigens in transplantation.
Module V: Antigen–antibody reaction in vitro: Formation of antigen-antibody complex. Application of immunodiffusion, RIA, ELISA (Basic principles only).
Module:VI Immunization: Vaccination – vaccines and their preparations, primary and secondary immune response, active and passive immunization, types of vaccines, immunosuppressive therapy.
Module:VII Autoimmunity and hypersensitivity: Self-tolerance and possible mechanisms of induction of autoimmunity, Organ specific and systemic autoimmune diseases, Types of hypersensitivity.Immunological disorders: Allergy and AIDS. Structure of HIV, mode of transmission.
1. Isolation of lymphocytes from blood / spleen.
2. Ouchterlony double immunodiffusion (DID)
3. Purification ofimmunoglobulins
4. Demonstration of Western Blotting
5. Assays based on agglutination reactions - Blood typing (active) and passive agglutination.
6. Enzyme linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA) & DOTELISA
• I.M. Riott, J. Brostoff, D. Male “Immunology” 3rd edn. W.H. Freeman and Pub. Company, USA.
• J. Kuby “Immunology” 3rd edn., Mosby Year Book Co., England
• Introduction to Immunology – NandiniShetty (2003)
• Immunology – Janis Kuby – W. H. Freeman and Co. 7th edition (2019)
• Janeway’sImmunobiology 2012 8th ed., Murphy, K., Mowat, A., and Weaver, C.T.,
• Garland Science (London & New York), ISBN:978-0-8153-4243-4
Dr Sitaram Swain has received PhD degree from Utkal University in the year 2017. He is also trained and experienced from TATA Memorial Hospital, Mumbai, India. He has experienced with cell line culture, clinical biochemistry, immuno-fixation, immunoassay, cancer cytogenetic, serum protein electrophoresis and tumour marker analysis. He has qualified NET(ICAR-ASRB) in Animal biotechnology. He has […]