- Introduction To Anesthesia: History of Anesthesia: Prehistoric (Ether) era, Inhalational anesthetic era, Regional anesthetic era, Intravenous anesthetic era, Modern anesthetic era
- Medical Gas Supply: Compressed gas cylinders, Colour coding, Cylinder valves, Cylinder storage, pin index, Diameter index safety system, Gas piping system, Air compressors, Oxygen Concentrators, Alarms & safety devices.
Module II :
- Gas physics: States of matter, Temperature conversion, Humidity, Pressure measurement, Gas flows, and diffusion, Gas laws, Miscellaneous concepts such as density and specific gravity
- Gas Administration Devices: Simple oxygen administration device, Methods of controlling gas flow, Reducing valves, Flowmeters, Regulators, Flow restrictors
Module III: Machine breathing system
- Anaesthesia Machine: Hanger and yoke system, Cylinder pressure gauge, Pressure regulator, Flowmeter assembly, Vaporizers -types, hazards, maintenance, filling & draining, etc
- General considerations, Classification and breathing system, Mapleson System, Jackson Rees system of Bain circuit, Nonbreathing valves – Ambu valves, Others
Module IV: Face Masks & Airway Laryngoscopes
- Endotracheal tubes – Types, sizes, (RAE Tube, Flexo metallic). Complications – Use care and maintenance of anaesthesia equipment 2) Laryngoscopes in Anaesthesia
- Oxygen Therapy: Definition, Causes, and responses to hypoxemia, Clinical signs of hypoxemia, Goals of oxygen therapy, Evaluation of patients receiving oxygen therapy, Hazards of oxygen therapy.
- Boyle’s Machine & its functioning. Boyle’s vaporizer. Magill’s breathing circuit, Bains breathing circuit, pediatrics anesthesia circuit. Gas cylinders and flow meters. Carbon dioxide absorption contester. Suction apparatus-foot operated, electrically operated. Ambubag laryngoscope endo trachea tubes. Catheters, face masks, venti-mask.
Module VI: MONITORING
- PA Pressure
- LA Pressure
Bio Medical engineering of Trouble sorting Management, care of cleaning
CSSD, Instrumentation, store and inventory, Anaesthesia Ventilator and Working principles
- Text books: Recent edition
- The Anaesthesia Technician and Technologists Manual by Ahanatha Pillai
- Berry, Edna Carnelia & MarieLoius Kohn introduction to OR Techniques 4th edition
- Dixon, Elleen-Theatre techniques-5th edition Reference books 1 Nurse Anaesthesia by Nagelhout and Plans-5th edition 2 Clincalanaesthesia by Pramila Bajaj-5th edition 3 Wards textbook of anaesthesia