Course Name :Marine Fisheries
Still no participant
Still no reviews
1. To learn the stock status of marine fishes.
2. To learn the exploitation rate of the fishes fore rational exploitation with respect to MSY and MEY.
1. Students would have understood the Marine Fisheries, Regulation, mesh size of net etc.
2. Students should explain the minimum size of catch, catch quota, protected area for breeding ground.
Classification and definition of fishery zones and fishery resources of world. Overview of marine fisheries resources of the world and India. Major exploited marine fisheries of India, their developmental history and present status. Important pelagic - demersal fish, shellfish and seaweed resources of India. Traditional, motorized and mechanized fisheries according to major gears. Potential marine fishery resources of the India’s EEZ. GIS and Remote sensing in marine capture fishery.
1. Visit to fish landing centres, Observation and analysis of catches by major crafts and gears.
2. Field collection of fishes, crustaceans, molluscs and seaweeds and record keeping of relevant data, Participation in fishing cruises.
3. GIS and remote sensing in marine capture fishery.
Maritime zones, Global trends in marine fisheries
Fishery resources of major fishing areas- Atlantic Ocean
Fishery resources of major fishing areas-Pacific Ocean
Marine Fisheries of India
Major groups of Fisheries in India- Pelagic resources
Influence of Environmental factors on Marine Habitat
Major groups of Fisheries in India- Mesopelagic resources
Major groups of Fisheries in India- Demersal resources
Major groups of Fisheries in India- Lizardfishes, Pomfrets, Goatfishes
Marine bordered eco systems
Green algae (Chlorophyta)
Present and Future Scenario of Indian Marine Fisheries
Marine Fishes of India
Find out the World Ocean
Find out the Major marine fishing zones of the world
Graphically representation of World fisheries and aquaculture production and utilization
Graphically representation of Marine capture production: major producers
Graphically representation of Marine capture production: major species
Graphically representation of Ocean-wise marine capture production