Still no participant
Still no reviews
1. Categories of insect pests and diseases,
2. IPM: Introduction, history, importance, concepts, principles and tools of IPM.
3. Economic importance of insect pests, diseases and pest risk analysis.
4. Methods of detection and diagnosis of insect pest and diseases.
5. Calculation and dynamics of economic injury level and importance of Economic threshold level.
6. Methods of control: Host plant resistance, cultural, mechanical, physical, legislative, biological and chemical control.
7. Ecological management of crop environment.
8. Introduction to conventional pesticides for the insect pests and disease management.
9. Survey surveillance and forecasting of Insect pest and diseases.
10. Development and validation of IPM module.
11. Implementation and impact of IPM (IPM module for Insect pest and disease.
12. Safety issues in pesticide uses. Political, social and legal implication of IPM.
13. Case histories of important IPM programmes.
1. Practical methods of diagnosis and detection of various insect pests, and plant diseases
2. Methods of insect pests and assessment of crop yield losses, calculations based on economics of IPM
3. Identification of biocontrol agents, different predators and natural enemies
4. Mass multiplication of Trichoderma, Pseudomonas, Trichogramma and NPV
5. Identification and nature of damage of important insect pests, diseases and their management
6. Crop (agro-ecosystem) dynamics of a selected insect pest and diseases
7. Plan & assess preventive strategies (IPM module) and decision making. Crop monitoring attacked by insect, pest and diseases
8. Awareness campaign at farmers fields
1. Dhaliwal, G.S. and Ramesh Arora 2001. Integrated pest management: Concepts and approaches, Kalyani Publishers, Ludhiana
2. Metcalf, R.L. and Luckman, W.H.1982. Introduction to insect pest management Wiley inter science publishing, New York.
3. Larry P Pedigo 1991. Entomology and pest management, Prentice Hall of India Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi
4. Venugopala Rao, N., Umamaheswari, T., Rajendraprasad, P., Naidu,V.G. and Savithri,P.2004.Integrated Insect Pest Management, Agrobios ( India) Limited, Jodhpur.
5. Chaube, H.S. and Ramji Singh. 2001. Introductory Plant Pathology. International Book Distribution Co., Lucknow. 136.
6. Mehrotra, R.S. 1980. Plant Pathology. Tata McGraw-Hill Publishing Co. Ltd. New Delhi
7. Singh, R.S. 2002. Introduction to Principles of Plant Pathology. Oxford & IBH Publishing Co.Pvt. Ltd.,New Delhi.
8. Vidyasekharan,P. 1993. Principles of Plant Pathology. CBS Publishers and Distributors, New Delhi
9. Y.L. Nene and P.N. Thaplial, 1993, Fungicides in Plant Disease Control. Oxford & IBH Publishing Co.
This chapter introduces IPM
This chapter describes classification of pesticides
This chapter describes Calculation of doses/ concentrations of different insecticidal Formulations
Compatibility of pesticides with other agrochemicals and Phytotoxicity of insecticides