Course: Diploma in Manufacturing (Conventional, CNC, and Additive)
Total Credits ( T-P-P): 16 (2-10-4)
1. Manufacturing Requirements (Industrial Safety, Materials, and Metrology) (2-0-0)
2. Conventional Machining (0-4-0)
3. CNC Machining (0-4-0)
4. Non-Traditional Machining and 3D Printing (0-2-0)
5. Internship (0-0-4)
1. To develop competency & skill in machining technologies and machinery.
Students will able to
1. Operative machine tools effectively & efficiently.
2. Produce components/products by executing various operations with desired accuracy & finish.
1. Manufacturing Requirements (Industrial Safety, Materials, and Metrology) (2-0-0) (80 Hrs)
1.1 Safety in Industry; Factory Regulations; Personal protective equipment (PPE)
1.2 Engineering Materials Classification and Requirements; Different properties of materials
1.3 Metrology & Standards of Measurements; Different types of measuring instruments; Limits, Fits & Tolerances;
1.4 Process of Metal Cutting
1.5 Use of Jigs & Fixtures
2. Conventional Machining (0-4-0) (200 Hrs)
2.1 Turning Operations (Internal and External), Knurling, Thread Cutting, Chamfering & Cut-off.
2.2 Drilling & related operations (Reaming, Boring, Counter Sinking, Counter Boring)
2.3 Surface Finishing Operations
2.4 Shaper Operations ( Horizontal & Vertical shaping, Shaping of Grooves, Slots)
2.5 Shaper Operations (Steps & Keyways, Angular Shaping, Cutting of Splines & Gear Teeth)
2.6 Milling & Related Operations (Slab Milling, Face Milling, Gear Cutting, etc.)
2.7 Slotter Operations (Internal Grooves or Keyways, Internal Gears, etc.)
3. CNC Machining (0-4-0) (200 Hrs)
3.1 Work Organization and Management (Safety; Simple Maintenance; Principles of Cutting; Machinery-handbooks, Datasheets, and tables; Computer Operating Systems)
3.2 Interpret Engineering Drawings (Drawing, Standards & Symbols)
3.3 Fundamentals, Numerical Control & Tools (Identification of Cutting Tools; Manual Cutting Operations; Off-setting and its Types; Fanuc & Siemens )
3.4 Master CAM; Programming ( Manual & CAM- Developing Program for Facing, Turning, Taper Turning, Drilling, Boring, and Threading by following Process Plan)
3.5 Setting and Operating CNC Lathe and Milling Machine (Setup, Initialization, Manipulation and Stop)
4. Non-Traditional Machining and 3D Printing (0-2-0) (100 Hrs)
4.1 Electric Discharge Machining- Machining Parameters & Characteristics
4.2 Electric Discharge Machining- Machining of Different Materials & Analysis
4.3 Wire-EDM- Machine Control Panel, and Performance Characteristics by varying input parameters.
4.4 Additive Manufacturing- Rapid Prototyping Process, Various Rapid Prototyping Technologies: SLA, LOM, SLS and FDM.