Subject code : CUTM1825 (3+0+1)
- Advancing Healthcare Quality and Patient Safety.
- Providing Hospital Staffing that Meets Patient Needs.
- Making Healthcare Data and Performance Measures Transparent and Publicly Available.
- Empowering Patients and Families in their Healthcare Choices.
- Learn to provide complete health care both promotive and preventive care to the population.
- Learn to manage with a human touch.
- Learn to manage the emergency situation by providing appropriate solution and service
- Enhancement of management skill in hospital and other health care industries
Hypertension-Hypertension-commonly used antihypertensives - losartan, amlodepine, telmisartan, atenolol, methods to reduce hypertension intraoperatively, complications of intraoperative hypertension.
Diabetes Mellitus: Diabetes -insulin preperations, methods to reduce blood sugar levels, complications of uncontrolled diabetes intraoperatively.
Respiratory diseases, epilepsy, anaemia- Bronchial asthma/COPD-complications and its management intraoperatively, methods to avoid precipitating bronchospasm * Epilepsy-anaesthesia drugs precipitating an epileptic attack, drugs used for treatment * Anaemia-complications under anaesthesia
Coronary artery diseases, Coronary artery disease-risk factors for having an myocardial/infarction under anaesthesia, drugs used in their management, complications of ischaemic heart disease patient undergoing non cardiac surgery
Thyroid disorders-causes of hyper and hypothyroidism, challenges of anaesthetising a thyroid patient, thyroid storm and its management, complications after thyroidectomy
Obesity, Renal and Liver Failure-Obesity-challenges of anaesthetising an obese patient.
Renal failure-anaesthetic challenges in renal failure patient, intraoperative complications in renal failure patients and its management, important anaesthetic challenges during renal transplant * Jaundice-intraoperative complications in a liver failure patient.
- Berry, Edna Carnelia & Marie Louis Kohn - Introduction to OR Techniques -4th edition
- Brigden, J - OT Technical-5th edition
- Dixon, Elleen - Theater Techniques-5th edition
- Nurse Anaesthesia by Nagelhout and Plans-5th edition (2014) Elsevier
- Clinical Anaesthesia by Pramila Bajaj-3rd edition " Stoeltings Anaesthesia for Concurrent illness