Key points: Briefly explain why the course is to be studied. Specify who should study the course and requirement of prior knowledge and skill, if any.
|· Student will be able to know the fundamentals of aquarium fish industry.
· Student will understand the biological features of aquarium fishes.
· Student will get to know the food and feeding habits of aquarium fishes.
· Student will get aware about transportation of fishes
|After completing the course the student should be able to:
· Construct an aquarium.
· Manage the fish diseases.
· Prepare the proper dosage of different kinds of natural and synthetic fish feed.
· Properly handle and maintain the aquarium fish
Module 1: Introduction to Aquarium Fish Keeping
P 1.1 Scope of Aquarium Fish industry as a Cottage Industry.
P 1.2 Construction of home aquariums, materials and other equipment used.
P 1.3 Water quality requirements.
P 1.4 Exotic and Endemic species of aquarium fishes.
Module 2: Biology of Aquarium Fishes
P 2.1 Common characters and sexual dimorphism of Fresh water and Marine Aquarium fishes such as Molly, Sword tail, Gold fish, Angel fish, blue morph, Anemone fish and Butterfly fish.
P 2.2 Diseases of aquarium fishes.
P 2.3 Breeding habits.
P 2.4 Hatching and production of fishes.