Still no participant
Still no reviews
Module I: Basic Concepts and Basic Laws (4hrs)
Essence of Electricity, Electric Field; Electric Current, Potential and Potential Difference, E.M.F., Electric Power, Ohm’s Law, Basic Circuit Components, Ideal and Practical Sources, Source Conversion.
1. Design and Analysis of Basic electrical circuits using Dymola. Plotting the V-I Characteristics of Incandescent lamp using Dymola.
Module II: Methods of Analysis (4hrs)
Network Analysis using Series and Parallel Equivalents, Voltage and Current Divider Circuits, Nodal Analysis, Mesh Analysis, Delta-Star & Star-Delta conversion.
2. Verification of KCL and KVL in series and parallel circuits using Dymola.
Module III: DC Network Theorems (3hrs)
Analysis of Superposition, Thevenin's and Norton's theorem.
3. Verification of Superposition, Thevenin's and Norton's theorem using Dymola.
Module IV: Introduction to Electromagnetism (4hrs)
Magnetic Circuits, B-H curve, Permeability, Reluctance, Solution of simple magnetic circuits, Hysteresis and Eddy current loss. Methods of preventing such losses. Solenoids and field coils. Application of solenoids in different circuits in Automobiles and in electrical circuit.
4. Observation of generation of magnetic flux for different input current in a coil and plotting B-H Curve.
Module V: Single-Phase Transformer (2hrs)
5. Study of Transformers, Linear Transformer Model, Ideal Transformer Model, No-load Loss and Load-loss Calculation.
Module VI: AC Circuit Analysis (3hrs)
Single-phase EMF Generation, Waveform and Phasor Representation, Average and Effective value of sinusoids, Peak factor & Form factor, Complex Impedance and Power using j-operator, Power factor.
6. Calculation of current, voltage, power & power factor of series RLC circuit excited by 1-Ø A.C Supply using Dymola.
Module VII: Phasor Analysis (3hrs)
Three-Phase AC Circuits: Comparison between single-phase and three-phase systems, Three-phase EMF Generation, Line and Phase quantities in star and delta networks, Power and its measurement in three-phase balanced circuits.
7. Measurement of power and power factor in a 3-Ø AC circuit by (one, two and three) wattmeter using Dymola.
1. P. K. Sathpathy, “Basic Electrical Engineering,” 3rd Edition, Oxford.
2. B. L. Thereja, “Electrical Technology”, Volume-I,2005 Edition(24th Revised Edition)
3. Hughes, “Electrical & Electronic Technology”, Ninth Edition (Revised by J Hiley, K Brown, and I Smith), Pearson Education
Verification of Superposition, Thevenin's and Norton's theorem using Dymola.
Observation of generation of magnetic flux for different input current in a coil and plotting B-H Curve.
Calculation of current, voltage, power & power factor of series RLC circuit excited by 1-Ø A.C Supply using Dymola software.
I have received my B. Tech in Electrical Engineering from Government College of Engineering Keonjhar, India and M. Tech in Power Electronics Control and Drives from VSSUT, Burla, India. I am pursuing my Ph.D. in the Department of Electrical Engineering, National Institute of Technology Rourkela, India. His fields of interest include power electronic converters, shunt […]