Still no participant
Still no reviews
Overview of Computer Networks: Introduction: OSI, TCP/IP and other networks models, Examples of Networks: Novell Networks, Arpanet, Internet, Network Typologies WAN, LAN, MAN.
Physical Layer:- Transmission mode, Transmission Media:- Guided Media,Unguided media(wireless), Multiplexing: FDM, WDM, TDM, Circuit switching and Telephone Network: Circuit switching, Telephone network.
Data link layer:- Design issues, framing, error detection and correction, CRC, Elementary Protocol stop and wait, Sliding Window, Data link layer in HDLC, ATM.
Point-to–Point Access: PPP, Multiple Access Protocols: Random Access, Controlled Access,Channelization.Local area Network: Ethernet. Wireless LANs: IEEE 802.11, Bluetooth virtual circuits.
Network Layer : Addressing and Network Layer Protocols: ARP, IPV4, ICMP, IPV6 ad ICMPV6, Broad cast, Multi cast, Congestion, Control Algorithms –General Principles of Congestion prevention policies. Internetworking: The Network layer in the internet and in the ATM Networks.
Transport Layer: Process to Process Delivery: UDP ,TCP congestion control.
Application Layer:-Client Server Model, Domain Name System (DNS): Electronic Mail (SMTP) and file transfer (FTP), HTTP and WWW.
1. Data Communications and Networking: Behrouz A. Forouzan, Tata McGraw-Hill, 4thEd
3. Computer Networks: A. S. Tannenbum, D. Wetherall, Prentice Hall, Imprint of Pearson 5thEd
1. Analyzing bus vs. star-switch with respect to number of collisions (for a fixed number of transmitting "Analyzing bus vs. star-switch with respect to number of collisions (for a fixed number of transmitting nodes) for Ethernet LAN".
2"Analysing the difference between unicast and broadcast transmission (for a fixed number of transmitting nodes). "
8. Verification of Stop and Wait Protocol.
1. Define computer networks? Discuss various types of networks typologies in computer network. Also discuss various advantages and disadvantages of each topology?
2.What are the applications of Computer Networks?
3.What is OSI Model? Explain the functions and protocols and services of each layer?
4. Explain the following:- LAN,WAN,MAN,ARPANET
5. What is TCP/IP Model? Explain the functions and protocols and services of each layer? Compare it with OSI Model?
6.Explain about the different types of transmission Medias in computer networks ?
7.What are the various types of error correcting techniques?
8. Explain about Sliding Window Protocols?
9. Explain about the Elementary Data Link Layer Protocols?
10. What is pure ALOHA and slotted ALOHA? Consider the delay of both at low load. Which one is less? Explain your answer?
1. Computer Networks:A system Approach:Larry L, Peterson and Bruce S. Davie,Elsevier, 4thEd
2. Computer Networks: Natalia Olifer, Victor Olifer, Willey India
3. An Engineering Approach to Computer Networks-S.Keshav, 2nd Edition,
4. Computer Networking: A Top-Down Approach Featuring the Internet, James F.
Kurose and Keith W. Ross , 2nd Edition, Pearson Education, 2002.
Analyzing bus vs. star-switch with respect to number of collisions (for a fixed number of transmitting
nodes) for Ethernet LAN
Analyzing the difference between uni cast and broadcast transmission (for a fixed number of transmitting
Comparing the CSMA/CD vs. CSMA/CA protocols (for a fixed number of transmitting nodes).
Verification of Selective repeat protocol.
Verification of distance vector and link state routing algorithm.
Verification of stop-and-wait protocol.
Verification of Go-back-N protocol
Mrs. Prativa Satpathy Assistant Professor in Information Technology, School of Applied Science Centurion University Balangir Campus with a Teaching Experience of Six years. She has Completed her M.Tech From Sambalpur University of Information Technology(2014) and completed her B.Tech in Computer science from College of Engineering Bhubaneswar (2012). “If you want to Shine […]