Still no participant
Still no reviews
1. History of Entomology in India.
2. Factors for insects abundance
3. Classification of phylum Arthropoda upto classes. Relationship of class Insecta with other
4. Structure and functions of insect cuticle and moulting.
5. Body segmentation. Structure and modifications of insect antennae, mouth parts and legs.
Wing venation, modifications and wing coupling apparatus. Sensory organs.
6. Metamorphosis and diapause in insects.
7. Types of larvae and pupae.
8. Structure and functions of digestive system.
12. nervous and
13. reproductive systems in insects.
14. Types of reproduction in insects.
15. Taxonomy – importance, history and development and binomial
nomenclature. Definitions of Biotype, Sub-species, Species, Genus, Family and Order.
16. Classification of class Insecta upto Orders.
22. Hemiptera -
1 Methods of collection and preservation of insects including immature stages
2 External features of grasshopper/blister beetle
3 Types of insect antennae and Types of insect mouthparts
4 Types of insect legs and Types of insect wings
5 Wing venation and wing coupling apparatus
6 Types of insect larvae and pupae
7 Dissection of digestive system of insects
8 Dissection of male and female reproductive system of insects
9 Study of characters of order Orthoptera, Dictyoptera
10 Study of characters of order Odonata, isoptera
11 Study of characters of order thysanoptera, hemiptera
12 Study of characters of order Lepidoptera, ,
13 Study of characters of order, neuropteran
14 Study of characters of order coleopteran
15 Study of characters of order hymenoptera
16 Study of characters of order diptera
1. Chapman, R F. 1988. Insects:Structure and Function, Cambridge Univ. Press, UK.
2. Nayar,K K, Ananthakrishnan, T N and David, B V. 1976. General and Applied Entomology, Tata McGraw-Hill Publishing Co Ltd.,New Delhi
3. Pant, N C and Ghai, S. 1981. Insect Physiology and Anatomy. ICAR, New Delhi
4. Richards, O W and Davies, R G. 1977. Imm’s General text Book of Entomology (Vol.I and II), Chapman and Hall, London.
5. Snodgrass, R E. 2001. Principles of Insect Morphology. CBS Publishers & Distributors, Delhi.
6. Upadhyaya, K D and Divide. 1997. A text Book of Plant Nematology, Aman Publishing House, Meerut.
7. Vasantha Raj David, B. 2003. Elements of Economic Entomology. Popular Book Depot. Coimbatore.
session 6: Insect antennae
Practice-2 insect antennae
Practice-4 insect leg