Still no participant
Still no reviews
This subject gives the student the knowledge of basic understanding of herbal
drug industry, the quality of raw material, guidelines for quality of herbal drugs, herbal cosmetics, natural sweeteners, nutraceutical etc. The subject also emphasizes on Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), patenting and regulatory issues of herbal drugs
Upon completion of this course the student should be able to:
1. understand raw material as source of herbal drugs from cultivation to herbal drug product
2. know the WHO and ICH guidelines for evaluation of herbal drugs
3. know the herbal cosmetics, natural sweeteners, nutraceuticals
4. appreciate patenting of herbal drugs, GMP .
1. To perform preliminary phytochemical screening of crude drugs.
2. Determination of the alcohol content of Asava and Arista
3. Evaluation of excipients of natural origin
4. Incorporation of prepared and standardized extract in cosmetic formulations like creams, lotions and shampoos and their evaluation.
5. Incorporation of prepared and standardized extract in formulations like syrups, mixtures and tablets and their evaluation as per Pharmacopoeial requirements.
6. Monograph analysis of herbal drugs from recent Pharmacopoeias
7. Determination of Aldehyde content
8. Determination of Phenol content
9. Determination of total alkaloids
Incorporation of prepared and standardized extract in formulations like syrups,
mixtures and tablets and their evaluation as per Pharmacopoeial requirements.