Still no participant
Still no reviews
1. Explain the gross morphology, structure and functions of various organs of the
human body. 2. Describe the various homeostatic mechanisms and their imbalances.
3. Identify the various tissues and organs of different systems of human body. 4. Perform the hematological tests like blood cell counts, haemoglobin estimation,
bleeding/clotting time etc and also record blood pressure, heart rate, pulse and
respiratory volume. 5. Appreciate coordinated working pattern of different organs of each system
6. Appreciate the interlinked mechanisms in the maintenance of normal functioning
(homeostasis) of human
Organization of nervous system, neuron, neuroglia, classification and
properties of nerve fibre, electrophysiology, action potential,
nerve impulse, receptors, synapse, neurotransmitters.
Central nervous system: Meninges, ventricles of brain and
cerebrospinal fluid.structure and functions of brain (cerebrum, brain
stem, cerebellum), spinal cord (gross structure, functions of afferent
and efferent nerve tracts,reflex activity)
Anatomy of GI Tract with special reference to anatomy and functions of stomach,( Acid production in the stomach, regulation of acid production through parasympathetic nervous system, pepsin role in protein digestion) small intestine and large intestine, anatomy and functions of salivary glands, pancreas and liver, movements of GIT, digestion and absorption of nutrients and disorders of GIT. Energetics Formation and role of ATP, Creatinine Phosphate and BMR.
Anatomy of respiratory system with special reference to anatomy of lungs, mechanism of respiration, regulation of respiration Lung Volumes and capacities transport of respiratory gases, artificial respiration, and resuscitation methods.
Anatomy of urinary tract with special reference to anatomy of kidney and
nephrons, functions of kidney and urinary tract, physiology of urine formation,
micturition reflex and role of kidneys in acid base balance, role of RAS in kidney and disorders of kidney.
Endocrine systemClassification of hormones, mechanism of hormone action, structureand functions of pituitary gland, thyroid gland, parathyroid gland,
adrenal gland, pancreas, pineal gland, thymus and their disorders.
Anatomy of male and female reproductive system, Functions of male and female reproductive system, sex hormones, physiology of menstruation, fertilization, spermatogenesis, oogenesis, pregnancy and parturition
Introduction to genetics
Chromosomes, genes and DNA, protein synthesis, genetic pattern of inheritance
1. Physiological basis of Medical Practice-Best and Tailor. Williams & Wilkins Co,
Riverview, MI USA
2. Text book of Medical Physiology- Arthur C, Guyton and John. E. Hall. Miamisburg, OH,
3. Human Physiology (vol 1 and 2) by Dr. C.C. Chatterrje ,Academic Publishers