At the completion of this course each student will be able to successfully:
- Gain an overview of aquaponics, and understand system components and principles of operation.
- Understand the importance of the connection between fish waste, nitrogen conversion, and water quality.
- Learn about the plant and fish components of aquaponics.
- Understand water cycling at start up and learn system maintenance techniques.
- Construct and maintain a mini Aquaponics system in the laboratory.
- Develop workplace skills including: making critical observations, accurate data collection and record keeping, responsibility and teamwork.