Still no participant
Still no reviews
1. To learn the fish and shellfish diseases associated with bacteria, virus, parasite and protozoan.
2. To understand the gross and clinical signs of different diseases and defense mechanisms in fish and shellfish against disease causing microorganisms.
3. To learn the preventive and therapeutic measures of fish and shellfish diseases.
1. Student can able to understand different disease conditions which is associated with different microorganisms.
2. They can able to understand different etiological factor of microorganisms.
3. Student can able to identify different therapeutic and preventive measurement of fish and shellfish diseases.
General characteristics, life cycle, diagnosis, prevention and treatment of parasitic, bacterial, fungal and viral diseases of finfish and shellfish. OIE listed diseases. Disease surveillance and reporting. Quarantine and health certification in aquaculture. Health management strategies in Aquaculture: Vaccines, Immuno-stimulants, Bioremediation, Probiotics, Crop rotation, Good and Best management practices.SPF and SPR stocks –development and application. Bio-security principles, Sanitary and phytosanitary Agreement, Disease control through environmental management. Importance of Biofilm, Biofloc, Periphyton in aquatic Health Management, Zoonotic diseases. Principles of disease diagnosis, conventional, molecular and antibody based diagnostic methods, Rapid diagnostic methods.
1. General procedure for disease diagnosis.
2. Methods of sampling fish and shellfish for disease diagnosis.
3. Taxonomy, lifecycle and identification of fish and shellfish parasites .
4. Sampling, preparation of media and culture of pathogenic bacteria: Techniques for bacterial classification.
5. Techniques in disease diagnosis: Microbiological, haematological, Histopathological, immunological, molecular techniques and Biochemical tests.
6. Agglutination test; Challenge tests; purification of virus; Stress related study of fish and shellfish, Disease treatment.
1. Fish Disease: Diagnosis and Treatment-------by Edward J. Noga
2. Fish viruses and fish viral diseases--------by Ken Wolf
3. Handbook on Fish Diseases & Diagnosis ------ by Shah/Balkhi
4. Shrimp Disease Management--------- by Joseph Sinawe Lipton
Epizootic Ulcerative Syndrome
Chronic granulomatous types disease
General characteristics, diagnosis, prevention and treatment if fungal disease in fish
Acute systemic types fish disease
Diseases caused by crustacean parasites
Parasitic Diseases in Aquaculture: Their Biology, Diagnosis and Control – Protista
Non-infectious diseases in shrimp
Emerging viral diseases of fish
Viral diseases of shrimp
Bacterial Diseases of fish
Bacterial Diseases of Shrimp
Viral diseases of shrimp
SPF and SPR stock
Biofloc and it’s use in Aquaculture
OIE - WORLD ORGANIZATION FOR ANIMAL HEALTH
Non- infectious diseases of fish
Bacterial diseases of fish
GENERAL PROCEDURE FOR DISEASE DIAGNOSIS
METHOD OF SAMPLING FISH FOR DISEASE DIAGNOSIS
TAXONOMY, LIFECYCLE AND IDENTIFICATION OF FISH AND SHELLFISH PARASITE
PREPARATION OF MEDIA AND CULTURE FOR PATHOGENIC BACTERIA
MICROBIOLOGICAL METHODS FOR DISEASE DIAGNOSIS
HAEMATOLOGICAL PARAMETERS IN DISEASE DIAGNOSIS
HISTOPATHOLOGICAL TECHNIQUES IN DISEASE DIAGNOSIS
BIOCHEMICAL TEST FOR DISEASE DIAGNOSIS