- Origin and nature of pharmaceutical legislation in India, its scope and objectives. Evolution of the "Concept of pharmacy" as an integral part of the Health care system.
- Principles and significance of professional Ethics. Critical study of the code of pharmaceutical Ethics drafted by pharmacy council of India.
- Pharmacy Act, 1948-The General study of the pharmacy Act with special reference to Education Regulations, Working of state and central councils, constitution of these councils and functions, Registration procedures under the Act.
- The Drugs and Cosmetics Act, 1940-General study of the Drugs and cosmetics Act and the Rules there under. Definitions and salient features related to retail and whole sale distribution of drugs. The powers of Inspectors, the sampling procedures and the procedure and formalities in obtaining licenses under the rule. Facilities to be provided for running a pharmacy effectively. General study of the schedules with special reference to schedules C,C1,F,G,J,H,P and X and salient features of labeling and storage conditions of drugs.
- The Drugs and Magic Remedies (objectionable Advertisement)Act, 1954-General study of the Act, objectives , special reference to be laid on Advertisements, magic remedies and objections and permitted advertisements -diseases which cannot be claimed to be cured.
- Narcotic Drugs and psychotropic substances Act, 1985-A brief study of the act with special reference to its objectives, offences and punishment.
- Latest Drugs (price control) order in force.
- Poisons Act 1919(as amended to date)
- Medicinal and Toilet preparations (excise Duties) Act, 1955 (as amended to date).
- Medical Termination of Pregnancy Act, 1971(as amended to date).
1. Forensic Pharmacy by B. Suresh
2. Text book of Forensic Pharmacy by B.M. Mithal
3. Hand book of drug law-by M.L. Mehra
4. A text book of Forensic Pharmacy by N.K. Jain
5. Drugs and Cosmetics Act/Rules by Govt. of India publications.
6. Medicinal and Toilet preparations act 1955 by Govt. of India publications.
7. Narcotic drugs and psychotropic substances act by Govt. of India publications
8. Drugs and Magic Remedies act by Govt. of India publication
9.Bare Acts of the said laws published by Government. Reference books (Theory)