Still no participant
Still no reviews
1. To Understand methods of identification, cultivation and preservation of
2. To understand the importance and implementation of sterlization in
pharmaceutical processing and industry
3.To learn sterility testing of pharmaceutical products.
4. To carried out microbiological standardization of Pharmaceuticals.
5. To understand the cell culture technology and its applications in pharmaceutical
Upon successful completion of this course one can be able to
1.Identify microorganisms of relevance to healthcare and the pharmaceutical industry and their sources.
2.Discuss Microbial contamination/product spoilage and antimicrobial preservation of pharmaceutical formulations during production and in products
3.Understand various disinfection and sterilization techniques ,evaluate the sterility testing,microbial assays, pharmacopoeial standards of sterilization process
4.Discuss Microbial contamination , product spoilage and antimicrobial preservation of Cosmetic products
5.Evaluate microbial content testing and sterility testing
6.Understand the mechanism of action of Non-therapeutic antimicrobial and therapeutic antimicrobial agents.
7.Demonstrate a knowledge and understanding of microbiological assays of growth promoting and growth inhibiting substances.
8.Acquire a Knowledge of GMP practices
9.Demonstrate theory and practical skills in microscopy and their handling techniques and staining procedures
10.Understand the basic microbial structure and function and study the comparative characteristics of prokaryotes and eukaryotes and also Understand the structural similarities and differences among various physiological groups of bacteria/archaea
11. Know various Culture media and their applications and also understand various physical and chemical means of sterilization
12. Know General bacteriology and microbial techniques for isolation of pure cultures of bacteria, fungi and algae
13. Master aseptic techniques and be able to perform routine culture handling tasks safely and effectively
14.Comprehend the various methods for identification of unknown microorganisms
1. Introduction and study of different equipments and processing, e.g., B.O.D. incubator,
laminar flow, aseptic hood, autoclave, hot air sterilizer, deep freezer, refrigerator,
microscopes used in experimental microbiology.
2. Sterilization of glassware, preparation and sterilization of media.
3. Sub culturing of bacteria and fungus. Nutrient stabs and slants preparations.
4. Staining methods- Simple, Grams staining and acid fast staining (Demonstration with
5. Isolation of pure culture of micro-organisms by multiple streak plate technique and other
6. Microbiological assay of antibiotics by cup plate method and other methods
7. Motility determination by Hanging drop method.
8. Sterility testing of pharmaceuticals.
9. Bacteriological analysis of water
10. Biochemical test
1. Introduction and study of different equipments and processing, e.g., B.O.D. incubator,laminar flow, aseptic hood, autoclave, hot air sterilizer, deep freezer, refrigerator,microscopes used in experimental microbiology.
3. Sub culturing of bacteria and fungus. Nutrient stabs and slants preparations
4. Staining methods- Simple, Grams staining and acid fast staining (Demonstration with practical)