Still no participant
Still no reviews
To acquaint the student about Human Resource Management in an organization.
The course aims at providing theoretical as well as conceptual knowledge and practical skills in the area of HRM.
This will enable the students to have the skills for appreciating and meeting the HR requirements for an emerging organisation.
Gain an understanding of the concept of Human Resource Management and why businesses need it.
Orient the learners with the changing scenario of HRM.
Understand the nature of jobs and how to match people with the roles through resourcing.
Understand the nuances of the human resource development and the rewards management principles and practices.
Understand why organizations require a legally compliant HR system for a healthy work environment.
HRM- Why Businesses need it?
HRM - Definition
Importance and Objectives
Scope and Functions of HRM
The Changing environment of HRM
Transitions from the personal manager to the new age HR manager
Role & Functions of HR Manager in 21st Century
HRM issues in Indian Organizations
Aligning HR with Business Strategy, Measuring HR Contribution.
Designing Jobs and Resourcing People
Human Resource Planning
Scouting and managing talent in organization
Recruitment and Selection
Induction and Orientation, Exit.
Human Resource Development and Rewards Management
Performance assessment, Learning and Development, Management Development.
The elements of reward management.
Ensuring a Legally Compliant HR for a Healthy Work Environment and Effective Employee relationship
Managing Employee Separations(Voluntary and Non Voluntary)
Disciplinary and Grievance Procedure
1. Gary Dazzler (2005). Human Resource Management. 10th Edition. Prentice Hall
2. Michael Armstrong (2010). A Handbook of Human Resource Management Practice 10th Edition. Kogan Page
1. C.S. Venkata Ratnam & B. K. Srivastava - Personnel Management Human Resources
2. SubbaRao. Essentials of Human resource Management and Industrial relations; Himalaya Publishing.
3. Rao,T.V.Human resource development. Response books. Decenzo,D. Robbins S.P. Fundamentals of Human resource management. John Wiley and sons.
4. Mello,A.Jeffery.Strategic human resource management, Cengage learning.
5. Gomez-mejia,Balkin,Cardy.Managing Human resource,(4th edition) PHI.
6. Ivancevich,J.M. Human resource Management. TMH
7. Venkatratnam,C.S,Understanding Industrial relations,Oxford.
8. Aswathapa, Human Resource & Personnel management, TMH
HRM - Definition, Importance and Objectives
Human Resource Management ppt
HRM Definition ,Importance and Internal sources ppt
What is Human Resource Management? Video
Human Resource Management Video
Industrial Relations, Industrial Disputes, Employee Discipline
Students will be divided into groups and asked to go through various job portals and to make a report on the hiring process of selected companies.
Naukri.com, Monster India, Linkedin, Indeed, KillerLaunch.com
Prof. Prakash KVD is working as Dean HRD. His areas of interest are leadership development, training and development, organizational development interventions, mentoring, consulting, IT projects and interventions, large program management, problem solving etc. He has a long stint of experience of 26 years in Information Technology and in the corporate world, both in India and […]