Still no participant
Still no reviews
Principles of taxonomy. Nomenclature, types. Classification and interrelationships. Criteria for generic and specific identification. Morphological, morphometric and meristic characteristics of taxonomic significance. Major taxa of inland and marine fishes up to family level. Commercially important freshwater and marine fishes of India and their morphological characteristics.Introduction to modern taxonomic tools: karyotaxonomy, DNA barcoding, protein analysis and DNA polymorphism.
Collection and identification of commercially important inland and marine fishes.Study of their external morphology and diagnostic features. Modern taxonomic tools - Protein analysis and electrophoretic studies; Karyotaxonomy - chromosome preparation and identification. DNAbarcoding, DNA polymorphism; Visit to fish landing centres to study commercially importantfishes and catch composition.
1. Nelson, J.S. 1994. Fishes of The World. 3rd Edition. John Wiley & Sons, Inc., New York.
2. Day, F. 1989. Fishes – Vol.I. Today and Tomorrow’s Printers and Publishers, New Delhi.
1. Day, F. 1994. Fishes – Vol.II. Jagmander Book Agency, New Delhi.
2. Gunther, A.C.L.G. 1993. An Introduction to The Study of Fishes. Discovery Publishing House, New Delhi.
3. Lagler, K.F. et al. 1977. Ichthyology.1st Edition. John Wiley & Sons, Inc., New York.
4. Jayaram, K.C. 1998 .The Freshwater fishes of the Indian Region. Narendra Publishing House, Delhi.
School of Fisheries Centurion University of Technology and Management (CUTM) Paralakhemundi- 761211 Odisha, INDIA Cleared ICAR – ASRB NET in FISHERIES RESOURCE MANAGEMENT B.F.Sc. (Fisheries Science)- 2013, College of Fisheries, Mangaluru, Karnataka Veterinary, Animal and Fisheries Sciences University (Bidar), Karnataka, India M.F.Sc. in Department of […]