Still no participant
Still no reviews
|COs||Course outcomes||Mapping COs with POs (High-3, Medium-2, Low- 1)|
|CO1||Knowledge on understanding operation of electromagnetic Waves and their responses and effects||PO1(3)|
|CO2||Diagnose and solve basic electromagnetic compatibility problems through Analytical skills||PO2(3)|
|CO3||Identifying of EMI hotspot and various techniques like Grounding, Filtering, Soldering, etc
Understand the effect of EM noise in system environment and its sources and there by understanding the Problems and finding the solution.
|CO4||Developing knowledge about tools for understanding the functions of a ground, understanding about cables and connectors to design using the same.
Hands-on experience with various aspects of shielding by using various simulators.
Module I: EMC Fundamentals (3hrs Theory)
Definition of EMI and EMC, Sources and Simulators, Propagation Methods
Module II: Electrical Noise in EMI, EMI analysis and Supression (3hrs Theory)
Basic Aspects of EMI in System Environment, Electrical Noise Sources, Common-Mode and Differential-Mode Currents, Power and/or Return Bounce, Identification of EMI Hot Spot, RF Current Return and Flux Cancellation, Loop Area between Circuit and components, Primary Grounding, Filtering, Shielding
Module III: EMC Standard and EMC Measurements (3hrs Theory)
Overview of EMC Standards, Radiated and Conducted Emission (RE/CE) Standards, Radiated and Conducted Immunity (RI/CI) Standards, Electrostatic Discharge (ESD) Standards, Overview of EMC Measurements, Testing Equipment, Radiated Emission Test Setup, Measurement of Signals and Noise, Interpretation of Measurement Results
Module IV: PCB Trace Routing and Termination (3hrs Theory)
Typical PCB Trace Topologies, Trace Routing Design Guidelines, Routing Differential Pair Signals, Layer Jumping – Use of Vias, Routing over a Split Plane, Fundamental Concepts of Trace Termination, Termination Methodologies and Implementation
Module V: Grounding Technique and Filtering (3hrs Theory)
Types of Grounds, Function of a Ground, Grounds Separation and Isolation, Single-Point, Multi-Point and Hybrid Grounds, Internal Cables and Connectors Grounding, Common-Mode and Differential-Mode Filtering, Basic Filter Component Characteristics, Filtering Guidelines
Module VI: Shielding and Electrical Gaskets (3hrs Theory)
Transmission Line Theory of Shielding, Absorption Loss, Reflection Loss, Shielding Effectiveness, Shielding Materials, Apertures in Shielded Walls, Waveguide below Cut-off, The Need for Gaskets, Common Gaskets Material Use, Properties and Characteristics of RF Gaskets
Module VII: Advanced Topics (3hrs Theory)
EMC/EMI Modelling Techniques and Applications, Virtual EMC Lab, New Radiation Testing Technology – from Near-field Scanning to Far-field Prediction,Novel Radiation Mitigations Design
1. Common Impedance Coupling Simulation using CST Studio Suite
2. Lightning Strike Analysis using CST Studio Suite
3. Emissions Simulation via Cascading using CST Studio Suite
4. Electrostatic Discharge using CST Studio Suite
5. Simulating Shielding Effectiveness using CST Studio Suite
6. Simulating Conducted Emissions from a Motor Control using CST Studio Suite
7. Simulating Conducted Emissions from a DC/DC Converter using CST Studio Suite
1. Henry W. Ott, “Electromagnetic Compatibility Engineering”, John Wiley & Sons, 2009
2. V.P. Kodali, “Engineering Electromagnetic Compatibility”, IEEE Publication, S. Chand & Co. Ltd., New Delhi.
3. Ralph Morrison, "Grounding and Shielding: Circuits and Interference”, John Wiley & Sons
1. “Electromagnetic Interference and Compatibility”, IMPACT series, IIT-Delhi, Modules1-9.
2. DraganPoljak, "Advanced Modeling in Computational Electromagnetic Compatibility”, John Wiley &Sons.
3. Dipak L. Sengupta and Valdis V. Liepa,"Applied Electromagnetics and Electromagnetic Compatibility”, John Wiley & Sons
4. Charles S. Walker, "Capacitance, Inductance and Crosstalk Analysis”, Artech House, 1990.
5. DANIEL MÅNSSON and RAJEEV THOTTAPPILLIL, "ELECTROMAGNETIC COMPATIBILITY, EMC", NPTEL
Detection of EMI Sources and Coupling Paths
EMI/EMC Modelling and Simulation
Click Here to play the video on EMI simulation modelling
Basic Aspects of EMI in System Environment,
Electrical Noise Sources,
Common-Mode and Differential-Mode Currents
Project:- measuring and testing a VLSI Board using Conducted Susceptibility (CS), Conducted Emission (CE), Radiated Emission (RE) and Radiated Susceptibility (RS)
Dr P Anthony Sunny Dayal completed his M.Tech in Radar and Microwave Engineering from Andhra University and Ph.D in Antenna Array Design For Radar And Emc Applications from Centurion University. Recipient of “Young Scientist Award” from His Excellency Shri Biswabhusan Harichandan Governor of Andhra Pradesh, at Andhra Pradesh Science Congress – 2019 by Andhra Pradesh […]