Still no participant
Still no reviews
• To understand the basic concept of Rural Sociology, Indian rural society, Importance of rural sociology in Agricultural Extension
• Understand Social groups, social stratification, culture, social values, social control, social change and their relevance to Agricultural Extension
• Understand Educational Psychology, Intelligence, Personality, Perception, Emotion, Frustration, Motivation, Teaching, Learning
• Students understand the characteristics of rural society, social institutions, culture, social values and relevance in Agricultural Extension.
• Students understand the educational psychology, learning and teaching situation.
• Students access the personality types,emotions of human beings and motivation.
Sociology and Rural sociology: Definition and scope, its significance in agriculture extension, Rural society, Social Groups, Social Stratification, Culture concept, Social Institution, Social Change & Development. Educational psychology: Meaning & its importance in agriculture extension. Behavior: Cognitive, affective, psychomotor domain, Personality, Learning, Motivation, Theories of Motivation, Intelligence.
Visit to village to study the charecteristics of rural society and rural stratification; social groups, village institutions- school/ co operative society/ gram panchayat / water users association; visit toa village to list out the Folkways, Mores,Taboos, Ritual,Customs, Tradition, Culture, Etiquette, Social Values, Simulated Exercises for positive and Negative Emotions of farmers in a village. Administering Psychological Tests to assess personality Types of Human Beings. Experiment: 1. Eysenk personality inventory; 2. Edward’s Personality inventory. Types of intelligence and frustrations among farmers, Creating a Learning Situation under village Conditions- Organizing a extension Talk for Farmers in the village / conduct of a Method Demonstration in a village situation.
1. Adivi Reddy, A. 2006. Extension Education. Sree Lakshmi Press, Bapatla
2. Chitamber, J.B. 1997. Introductory Rural Sociology. Wiley Eastern Limited, New Delhi.
3. Daivadeenam,P. 2006. Educational Psychology in Agriculture. Agrotech Publishing Academy, Udaipur.
4. Mangal, S.K. 2000. Educational Psychology. Prakash Brothers, Ludhiana.
5. Ray, G.L. 2006. Extension Communication and Management. Naya Prokash/Kalyani Publishers, Ludhiana.
|Intelligence- Meaning, Definition, Types, Factors affecting intelligence and Importance of intelligence, Perceptions, Emotions, Frustration-Meaning, types, factors and importance in Agricultural Extension, Motivation, Session 8
Project: Study about types of intelligence among farmers in a village and their frustrations
Personality – Meaning, Definition, Types, Factors influencing the Personality and Role of personality in Agricultural Extension, Session 9
Project:To study about positive and negative Emotions of farmers in a village and administering Psychological Tests to assess personality of farmers in a village.
Teaching- Learning-Learning experience and Learning situation, Principles of learning and their implication for teaching and steps in Extension Teaching, Session 10
Project: Creating a Learning Situation under village Conditions and organizing Extension Talk
Chitrasena Padhy has total work experience of 14 years, out of which 7 years in teaching and extension experience as Assistant Professor and Head, Department of Agricultural Extension, M S Swaminathan School of Agriculture, Centurion University of Technology and Management, Paralakhemundi, Dist: Gajapati, Odisha since 2013. Previously worked as Livelihood Coordinator, Odisha Community Tank Management […]